How to Clean Your Refrigerator
How to Clean Your Refrigerator and Remove the Odors – BE GREEN
If you have a bad smell coming from your refrigerator, chances are something has moved beyond its prime. Take that as your cue to do a little spring cleaning. Spills should always be cleaned right away, but chances are you don’t clean your refrigerator often. You are not the only one! Make it a habit to clean it out at least once every three months to keep the bacteria away, or sooner if there is a bad odor coming from your refrigerator.
- Remove everything and toss out any old/expired food – check the label on everything.
- Remove all the drawers and place in the sink. Sponge with hot water and soap. Let them air dry.
- Fill up a spray bottle with a mix of 50/50 white distilled vinegar and water and do a thorough clean of the interior of the refrigerator. For crevices and seals, use a toothbrush with the 50/50 mix.
- Return the food back to the refrigerator, wiping down all the containers, bottles, jars, etc.
- Spray the exterior of the refrigerator, door, handles, sides, and the top.
- Place a box of baking soda inside the refrigerator to keep it smelling clean.
Rather not do it yourself? Next time you hire a house cleaner in Denver, see if Refrigerator Cleaning is an add-on service they offer. Contact The Cleaning Duo to come clean your home, and if you mention this article, we will clean your Refrigerator at no extra cost!
Give us a call today, 303-916-9431.
The Cleaning Duo is an elite house cleaning company – at affordable prices. You won’t find better rates with the quality of house cleaning we provide. Request a free estimate here.